Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Birds in the Azalea Bush

Every morning, while I'm sitting in my office working on Ebay and sipping my coffee, I am greeted to the most beautiful birdsong I have ever heard. There are at least 2 Carolina Wrens that sit in the Azalea bush and sing to me. Sometimes they perch on the window and look in to see if I'm listening:) If you have never heard a Carolina Wren sing, come to my house and sit in my office with me...they put on quite a show.

On that same subject, just what the heck are Carolina Wrens doing here in Texas? Shouldn't they be in the Carolinas? We have Carolina Chickadees too...not Black Capped ones, but Carolina...I think I'll rename them both Texas Wrens and Texas Chickadees...

Ah, life in the boonies...wouldn't trade it for a million dollars!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sasebone said...

Angie, I wish I knew all the names of birds like you do. Maybe some day I will retire and get to just watch birds. Right now I'm busy fighting traffic to get to work and watching idiot drivers! I have names for all of them. I'll have to share them with you someday.

Love,

MOM

5:19 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

You gotta research, research, research, LOL! I have my big old thick Birds of North America book handy at all times...it has over 800 colored pages of birds, so I can always count on finding out what I'm looking at:)

I'm sure the drivers have some quite interesting names, LOL!

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home