Monday, October 31, 2005

Hundreds of Chipping Sparrows

Me and my baby Grand were looking out the window yesterday watching the birds, and I noticed alot of activity on the ground and in my flower pots. Looking a little closer, I realized it was at least a hundred chipping sparrows, foraging for insects on the ground and in the pots! I think the flocks have officially arrived to spend the Winter with us:) Quite a beautiful site if you like birds as much as I do.

I am gonna make a birder out of my Grandbaby yet! We sit at the window every day and look out, and I point out the different birds to him, even though he's only 18 months old:) I told my daughter by the time he's 2, he'll be able to name every bird and point them out to her!

Now if I can just get the rest of the family interested....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home