Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Winter Birds

I'm starting to see the various birds that Winter in Texas. Just in the last few days, the goldfinches are slowly trickling in and the chipping sparrows are noisily making their presence known.

Over the weekend, I saw a new bird I've never encountered before, and found out they are called White Throated Sparrows. They are beautiful little birds, with dark striped heads, a yellow streak down each side of its head, and a distinctive white throat. They scavenge on the ground under leaves and pine needles, looking for bugs to eat.

It's almost time for my second year as a Project Feeder Watcher. I'm excited...I love to count the birds every day and submit my data to be counted along with other birders from all over the place.

More bird reports coming soon...can't WAIT for the Cedar Waxwings to make their appearance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home