Saturday, March 24, 2012

I AM My Grandmother's Granddaughter

I AM a product of my Grandmother


My Grandmother was a wonderful woman. She was nurturing, smart, determined, had a green thumb, and many more traits that made her the great woman that she was. Her only flaw (not really a flaw but I'll explain later) was that she saved everything. I never saw her throw away a bread tie,bread wrapper, plastic lids, jars, take out containers, newspapers, magazines...she kept EVERYTHING. She grew up in time when money was tight, so she learned to be thrifty. Thrifty..that's the word...not flaw. Never knew when you or somebody might need that item for something. Once in awhile, she actually did find use for those things..she could rig up anything that was broken and make it work again, often with the things she had saved.

Now, as I try to clean up my house and declutter some things, I find that I have done the same things. A draw full of bread ties and lids, a whole cabinet full of jars, a junk drawer full of this and that. It's time to let go, so I just threw 2 trashbags full of junk away. Of course, even though she's gone, I'll never let go of my Grandma...or the memory of her thriftiness, but I have to get my house in some kind of order before I drown in my own clutter...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home